Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm Sorry! I Can't Love You Back

u have that perfect smile like the morning sun
makes me feel like i have a purpose, i have a day
u have the correct words, like a voice in my head
giving me exactly what i want to hear, exactly what i want
u have the magic i need to stop me from crying
when i feel like crying is the only way out
u have the strength to swallow my anger,
when my rage sets out to destroy everything
u have all those beautiful meticulous plans
orchestrated to sweep me off my feet
u have that eye for detail and an eye for mine too
i know you'd love every present i'd make for you
u, from where i stand, seem like the perfect one for me
all my friends have the same thing to say
but sometimes, and what a pity sometimes,
your perfectness is something i just did not want
you were just not the one i was looking for
its just not enough that your so perfect,
its just not enough that you love me,
and its so sad that the one i love or atlease think i do
cant ever be all these things i wanted him to be
can never love me as much as i do, as much as u do!

6 comments:

  1. Loved it towards the end, the part where you reveal 'you' is a third person. I feel bad for this 'you' guy, as someone who has always been a third person, I can Identify with him, or atleast your vision of him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good u mentioned 'my vision of him'... coz it is a vision, actually, i didn't find a person so perfect, but its just these amazing qualities so many people have keep coming across and you wish if only 'he' had this...so made one perfect entity vs the one entity you want it to be perfect
    number 2, sometimes, and i know its unfair, it so happens that despite the fact that you love someone, you begin to complain after a point about so many things...i guess thats what you men keep complaining so much about women in relationships!
    number 3, the whole piece of writing is a metaphor to many situations in life where when you think practically, there is one option that is perfect for you, but your heart just wants something else.... that happens to me very often, i'm guessing it happens to other people too!
    number 4, i'm still single... just remembering all the times when i wasn't...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol as for men complaining about women I'd rather not say much. Interesting you telling mr.perfect here is a metaphor. I totally agree, there are moments when you see clearly that someone is perfect for you, but cannot really do anything as the heart is a twisted creature and knows not of reason. But then arent we all twisted, in the way that reason is something that isnt very natural to most of us. I mean take the case of people(men in specific) who fall only for people who loathe them. There's no reason to it. Its just human. Maybe its because people like something edgier and more comlicated( the whole bad boy effect)..but anyways like all things dealing with the heart, this too is something that really has no solutions. As for point number 4, I know quite a few people who;d be happy reading that :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of the 'no reason..only human' thing of yours.. i was just thinking about that! look forward to my next post for that!
    and for the other stuff u have to say i only have one gesture- :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written. Can't help thinking of people who may have been in such a situation before.

    ReplyDelete